Inky tentacles

What a month it’s been – and still is. I’ve had a few days off but it feels like I’m more tired then before. “Tropical years” is the literal translation of what other parents with multiple kids call it – the years when the children are under the age of 4.

No consolation from people with older kids though, as they say it doesn’t really get easier after that, it keeps being busy…

I’ve finished this card after I made the previous post, but didn’t have time yet to post it or take pictures at daylight, so I’ll just do with the pictures of the completed card in lampight.

It’s my second entry for the Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #9.

2d72f-cbc_08

Daqadoodles150409do221118006

And one with flash so you can see the shinyness.

Daqadoodles150409do221104005

The progress of the card in pictures. First, adding the paint and a card on top.

Daqadoodles150329zo230211003

Spray with glimmer mist or water and wrap in kitchen foil, let dry. Then stamp over it.

Daqadoodles150330ma223721004

I liked how it looked so far. extended some of the ink splatters a bit. I know a Cephalopod doesn’t spray ink from his tentacles, but who cares, it looks nice this way like he’s spray painting his surroundings. Like he’s protecting his pearl.   Daqadoodles150330ma223917009

I wanted to add more scenery, so I stamped some seagrasses and coloured them in as silhouetes. I think I liked it better without them, they´re much too present. A well, it´s done. The sentiment I have added is “What´s your poison?”. I actually wanted something about ink (inky fingers) but didn’t know what, so I chose this one. Not sure how to use this card for now haha. But it was fun making it.Daqadoodles150409do221118006

I hope to be able to share some more of my creations soon, my limited time “free” I rather spend crafting then blogging about it!

Advertisements

Octopus is not alone

One of my latest cards made for the Designs by Ryn january challenge:Daqadoodles013

Made with three stamps from Designs by Ryn:

I made this card onto a background made with bister. I couldn’t quite remember when I made it, as it wasn’t exactly how I usually did it, but it looked quite ok. Then I remembered: my son had made this one. It was an A4 sheet, where we had made on the right side some more greenish colours and a blue river flowing down into a pond. (Use your imagination – he’s 3 1/2). Can you see the river coming from the right of the card, falling down as a waterfall into the pond?

Ofcourse it was me who inked up the corners and edges more after I cut the sheet, as he allready had forgotten about this piece of paper. I found it quite amusing that I had taken a “drawing” of my son and found it good enough to use as background 😛 Ofcourse, I had helped a bit with the bister, and ofcourse you can’t really go wrong with bister (when your mom sprinkles some on the sheet and all you get is a brush and a mister).

I stamped the fish scales on twice with Versafine Smokey Grey first, Then I stamped the octopus, I think with Stazon midnight blue and coloured it with distress paint peacock feathers. Next I stamped the leafy sea dragon as kelp in the corners, colouring it slightly first with distress ink and water, and then going over it with gloss pens, also added gloss gel to the octopus thingies.

Daqadoodles150128wo203930004Took another piece of cardstock, spritzed ink on it with the spritzing-marker-airbrush tool and assembled the card.

Swing outside

A card with VivaLasVegaStamps and Stampendous text (I think), coloured with bister and distress markers. I intended to cut out the top layer in a rectangle, but decided I liked the asymmetric part of it a lot, fits the sentiment.

I only notice now that hte bister spot looks like a heart! I like this card, kind of a “cas” card to me as it’s not full of stamps or other things. I know it’s not yet CAS as usually is meant, but it is to me!

Daqadoodles141017vr153324

Next card is one that has been lying around waiting to be blogged about for a while. Or I have shown it allready, can’t remember.

Daqadoodles140812di155808

Stamped the flowers on the white cardstock with distress embossing ink and embossed with clear powder. Then I masked off the strip, and coloured it with peacock distress ink and spritzed with water. I stamped the peacock in turqoise Stazon, cut out a rectangle and inked up all edges and assembled the card as seen.  The rectangle is still without sentiment, I’ll add that as soon as I am going to use the card. Stamps on this card are Chocolate Baroque.