Recently I made some backgrounds – well I make backgrounds all the time, but this one was made started in August when I altered a bookcover (I still need to post about that one, was a big project!). My microbial stencil was still dirty a bit / I had some paint left over, so I applied it to a sheet of paper. I had that piece (white + brown stencilled dots) for a while, not knowing what to do with it.
Then I played with bister again, trying to make some christmas background. I used several colours of bister, sprinkled it, spritzed water and/or glimmer mist onto it, sprinkled salt on it. On this paper I used green. It ended up being a bit… moldy looking. I still didn’t know what to do with it.
I was making christmas cards, trying to make them from scrap paper, and noticed this sheet lying around. Cut it into 4 pieces, and just started doing something. That something was laying down a stencil (TCW latin text) and applying something new I got, Teykol. I hadn’t read instructions or anything, just read somewhere it acts like a sort of resist. I imagine it is very thin decoupage glue. So applied that differently onto each card, let it dry, took a very slightly damp cloth and wiped over it. Stamped three dancing fairies from Designs by Ryn with teykol onto a card, but it was hardly visible, not enough resist. Stamped again with black stazon, but still not enough contrast to see the image. Coloured around the image with my picked fence marker, and decided I had screwed up this one. I’ll somehow fix it – stamp the image onto another piece of paper, cut it out and glue it on.
On to the next card. Which Designs by Ryn image in my posession could fit here? The patio stone and the origami lily. Stamped in grey onto the card (the stone twice also in purple), stamped and embossed with purple onto the card and twice onto another piece of paper. Cut those out, (the lily is very easy to cut out) and coloured all 3 images with distress markers and a water brush. I coloured the image onto the card with white picked fence marker, love the result – it often doesn’t look very well when colouring larger areas with this marker as it leaves stripes, but this looks good.
Stamped the text, glued on the extra lilies and added accents with a white gelpen.
Final step is to mat it onto purple cardstock.
(Oh the perfect pearls spray is heirloom gold I think.)
This is my second entry for the November Challenge from Designs by Ryn – always anything goes.