Why not? 

It’s been a while since I took part in a challenge. I liked participating as it gave me new ideas and forced me to really look at colours or designs. But then I won… And I felt it wasn’t fair to keep playing if others haven’t won once yet. I like others to have a chance as well.But it’s been a while and I still see all the artwork from the DTs of my favourite sites. I came across a challenging colour combination – the green seemed too bright to combine with the rest.  But it did have a rusty metalness too it as well.  Hmmm… Ideas… And the colours did match my new distress oxide inks as well. 

I set out to enter the chocolate baroque colour challenge again:

 

Lots of pictures incoming. I loved making this card, took me three evenings.  ( that is 2 times 3 1/2 hrs and 20 minutes to add text and mount it) (and at least 3 hrs I was watching television and only crafting during commercials… That’s what happens when crafting with the television on). So actual craft time excluding drying time? No idea. It was fun. Loved the card at every step, fearing I’d ruin it the next step.

 

So the colours.  Steampunk. Eastern. Eastern steampunk. Ancient, mystery. Dreams.

Let’s start.

Stamped the image several times with vintage photo distress oxides.

My 4 1/2 year old having fun with stencils.

Sprayed with water.

Half has dried. Helping my daughter while it’s drying. (Or rather, prevent everything being covered in ink). She didn’t like what I did to it. Mommy, I don’t think it’s pretty this way. I liked it better before. Really, mommy!

It’s dry.

The colours that are going to be used.

Steampunk butterfly – I used the cogs, and the rounded ornament.

Stamped the rounded ornament in three places, layerd the colours (fossilized amber, fired brick and vintage photo distress oxide)

Textured Fragments – The window is also one of my favourites.

Stamped that with distress oxide, also the three warm colours.Sprayed with water.

 

Punky Romance

This image should be a bit more clear but I like it when the colour also comes from the lines. Used the colours as pictured.

The result so far.

Different light.

Cat wants attention while I’m stamping. I colour on the stamp with ecoline brushpens and then stamp. Add a little bit of distress oxide to the stamp and then stamp. Add a little bit of water with a water brush and stamp.

Next, clean your stamp (don’t move it from the stamping tool!) and stamp with embossing ink, then heat emboss with clear powder.

Colour it using a dry brush on distress oxide ink, distress markers and a water brush. Cut the stamp also a bit better as it leaves lines – I got the stamp before I got the good sciccors to cut them and didn’t dare to cut closer with the regular scissors.

Speaking of sciccors… It just happens I mentioned earlier this week to someone how I don’t like fussy cutting. And I know everytime I say I don’t like something, I do it the few days after. Making a cute card, fussy cutting, using lots of pink… it’s like holding on to that weird part of something because you know it’s part of something, and then finally deciding to toss it out. Days after it’s gone you need it…

Added glossy accents to the eye and waterfall stickles to the feathers. Also added spectrum noir clear sparkle pen to the butterfly at some point. Also have coloured the device in the background.

coloured the device. First time I used Cracked Pistachio, the 4th colour, on this card.

The card wasn’t balanced, it needed something in the upper right corner. The cherry blossom from Tranquility matched very well. I stamped onto self adhesive transparant window foil twice and cut it out. (The other mask is attached to the other side of the folder the stamps are in). (You can see I have a mask for the buddha as well). I stamped several times with red and brown (not sure if it was oxides or stazon or both).

The chaos grows.

Blossoms colourd, positioning the peacock now.

On the windowsill, looking at the butterfly. Now I need to find a text…

Making pictures quickly while there’s still some daylight… (Glued the peacock with foam dots.)

The text was stamped with sepia Versafine.

(Yes it ripped a bit – happened halfway, but it wasn’t really noticable. Only in this angle. )

Thank you, Chocolate Baroque, for hosting this challenge – wouldn’t have made this card without it!

I’m entering this card into the following challenges:

Save

Save

Advertisements