C(hristm)AS-ed

My last entry for the 5th Chocolate Baroque Challenge entry.

It’s Christmas-ed and CAS-ed from Shirley. Minimized the challenge image a bit more, as that is made with much more precision than my card. My card is eh, bohemian artsy style. (Or: I should hurry a bit more with making batches of cards, as it’s time to start send cards…)

Anyway, here is my card:

Daqadoodles141214zo23203404

I do have ribbons. I only never use them, I’m not much of a ribbons person. But for this card, with such a background, it’s perfect with a label! The background was first made with the stitches stencil and dylusions ink spray. I had no idea what to do with it next (it’s just fun to put down stencils and spray / ink / dab paint etc. I often don’t think ahead :P). So I thought, let’s try stamping over it. The image got a bit lost at first. I coloured the flakes with distress ink on my acryllic block and a waterbrush, trying to fade the colour a bit more further away from the big snowflake. Used colours are probably milled lavender, maybe a tiny bit of worn lipstick, dusty concord, and seedless preserves.Daqadoodles141214zo23204505

The larger snowflake is also decorated with perlen pens and silver stickles, and outlined with white gelpen. Also coloured other little white areas with the gell pen in other snowflakes.Daqadoodles141214zo23205306

Barely visible on this picture is the label. This is a technique I used before and liked the result. Emboss a piece of cardstock (I used a snowflake embossing folder) and rub over the paper with a crayon while it is in the embossing folder so you don’t de-emboss it. (I used a white crayon). Take your die-cut stack (I have a cuttleblug), without the die and place your paper. Maybe add another paper. Put through your machine again so the paper is flat. An added touch to it is, (imo) the texture you get from the well-used B-plate. It’s not very visible on this tag though.

I should finally make a post about the cards I made a while ago, a series of 5 cards (made with design paper – something else I have but find hard to use!).

Here is a sneak preview: (maybe it will help to get it posted…)

Daqadoodles140901ma224009

Next, die-cut it and ink it up (Milled lavender and maybe a touch of tattered rose, and gothic purple stazon to the edges). Stamp the sentiment.

And the last series together:Daqadoodles141214zo23273719 Daqadoodles141214zo23261816

Now, should I continue making christmas card or finish the skirt for my son (yes, that’s right, skirt for my son… he’s 3 1/2 and wants a skirt to dance in. He likes the skirts of girls, the way they swirl. I don’t blame him, because it IS fun to have a skirt that swirls when you turn. So why stick to what people are used to, and why not open up and let boys wear skirts too? In the old days a skirt was common for men, and trousers not for women. It was strange to see women with trousers first, but we are used to it now. Emancipation. But is it emancipation if it is still seen as weird if a man/boy wears girlsclothes like a skirt or dress? In the arabic world a dress is common for men. And what about the very manly Scottish kilts?

So I’m making him a skirt of blue, black, denim and robot fabric. I am not much for planning (I think I allready said that) and have never really sewn, so it might not be all that straight or neat, but I’m sure he’ll love it and I’ll love seeing him dance in it ;). Ofcourse I’ll post pictures of it when it’s done!

Baubles

Thank you for the nice comments! It’s not that I disliked the cards in the previous post, it’s just that I like the next batch better :P.

Another entry for the Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #5, although I’m not sure if the main image (the baubles) are still sold, I think I remember they were back in stock of  a limited time a while ago, so they’re not regular items.

Again, I used the leafy edges from the Steampunk Christmas set – they’re just so usefull to full up the card!

First, the card for the challenge. Due to timelimitations the pictures are taken indoors late in the evening, not very good lighting. I made three pictures of each card, one with flash, one without, and sometimes one closeup (with flash).

Daqadoodles141214zo23213107

I think the above one (with flash) shows colours more as they are. The pictures without flash are too yellow.

Daqadoodles141214zo23213908

The background is made on pink cardstock with Fern Leaf and (?? Flowerkindofthingy) masks, the fern leaf in green (d.i. Evergreen bough) and the flower with reddish/purple distress ink (can’t remember which one). Then stamped & embossed with WOW the baubles with purple embossing powder and coloured with Caran Dáche neocolourss. Added some white highlights and a sentiment, matted onto lila cardstock.

Next in this series (the other half of the A5 used to make the background) are two small cards. They are glued to purple cardstock as well. As they both are A7 sized it made it easy to fold the card itself from one piece of A5 purple cardstock. That is also why I glued them across the entire center, no matting this time.

Daqadoodles141214zo23241914 Daqadoodles141214zo23241613

Daqadoodles141214zo23243215

Similar make as the first one – background was made from one A5 sheet (and then cut up into 1 A6 and 2 A7 sized cardbackgrounds). Only this time I embossed with Ranger Queens Gold embossing powder and added some perlen pen accents.

Daqadoodles141214zo23230911 Daqadoodles141214zo23230210 Daqadoodles141214zo23232312

I like these a lot too. A bit more focus on these cards.