I´m late for this months Chocolate Baroque Challenge – it ends Wednesday! So without further ado, here is my first entry:
Above: I reversed the flowers stamp with the use of tissue paper – stamped on it, tore it out, glued it on the stamped side onto the card. The lantern and flowers are coloured with white gelpen, and there are white rayds coming from the lantern. Some grungy highlights run across the lantern (drawing a ling and wiping it a bit while it’s not yet dry).
Below: Here are the bacgrounds I made, I often start a colour challenge with making several backgrounds. I experimented with a self made resist spray (thanks to the frugal crafter) although I did not make is as thick as hers. Actually I’m not sure I used it on these backgrounds, I’ve been playing with it the same evening but not sure how often I used it :P.
Anyway, below you see tome of the backgrounds. Leaves stencil is Designs by Ryn, honeycomb stencil is.. hmmm not sure… the fragments stamp is Chocolate Baroque. The lower right is the base for this card.
Here are thsoe same backgrounds outside, and a flower with tissue paper on which I applied the glue to the wrong side – the back of the stamping. I tried to get little glue on the top (decoupage glue) as that acts as a resist to water based inks (yup, that’s the ingredient for the resist spray).
I was indoubt wether to add a sentiment, but I like it this way. Hope you do too!