From lack of sleep… tired.. been to Hamburg this weekend with my sisters, it was wonderfull, but getting back and working early next day, followed by a night with not much sleep due to a baby wanting to throw a party in the middle of the night is a bit too much maybe.
A while ago I told you (goodbye lullabye part 1) I got sidetracked (goodbye lullabye part 2) while working on one project, and made a bunch of backgrounds of which I had no clue of how I was going to use them due to the bright contrasting colours.
Well I took on the challenge, and used one sheet, the turqouise with orange bubbles one.
This is how it turned out:
Modelling paste through one “sun” pattern, covered wit hcopper acryllic paint. Other places only acryllic paint. Not sure what I used to colour the turtle: distress ink and/or Caran D’ache neon colour crayons.
Stamped the seadragon for placement, then added gesso on and over the stamped image, heat embossed the dragon with distress embossing powder and coloured with Caran D’ache neocolours. Embellisments (diecuts) are from my stash. The card is matted onto a white card on wich I painted a messy frame in copper.
One of these is my last entry for the Designs By Ryn May challenge. I think I’ll choose the seadragon, as I like how it looks somewhat plastered on, like he is in his own bubble.
Edit: I chose the turtle, it’s better photographed / better visible.
And now, bed!