A last minute post for the Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge #10.
As it’s last minute, it’s nightphotograpy unfortunately. I’ll see if I can get a daylight picture edited in this week.
I started this card by placing a stencil and going over it with distress stain bronze. I then lifted off the stencil and placed it on another piece of cardstock (This is where the chessboard is stamped and cout out from), so there’s the positive and negative image of the stencil. I then applied ink – a mix of shaded lilac & dusty concord, spun sugar, and again a mix of victorian velvet and seedless preserves. (although dusty concord and seedless presevers could have been swapped). The metallic stains act as a kind of resist, so it still stands out a lot.
I stamped the chessboard onto the other cardstock. I had inked it up with Stazon cherry pink and violet (something). I added some more white pen on the chesspieces and castle, but it didn’t really cover the distress stain so I left it as it was.
I had started other cards before this one, but the balance of colours was always off, there wasn’t enough white in it. So I left the chessboard just as it was, it was good like this.
I glued the card in place onto white cardstock, leaving a strip of white on the right side for balance. Oh I almost forgot, I stamped and heat embossed the text ofcourse.
So that’s it, it was a difficult challenge for me this time again and a lack of time also, but I am satisfied with the result, although I like the other card I made more. Thanks for visiting!
Edit: the outdoor picture taken this morning, no sun / bit cloudy: