I was making a “door” card for another challenge with a doorway as inspiration, when I came across this Chocolate Baroque stamp from the texture fragments set. It makes me thinkg of fairy tales, of the 1001 day stories, of how light can fall through beautifull windows, creating not only a painting on the wall but also on the floor or roof.
I liked what I had done for the other card, with the bricks around the door, so I repeated that here.
Let me start at the beginning: I first stamped and heatembossed the window with purple embossingpowder. Then I made a mask out of self adhesive window foil (be sure to stick it onto clothing/your skin a few times to make it less sticky – store it afterwards on plastic sheets – doesn’t really matter which ones, as long as it’s not paper ofcourse. Also save the cutoff, as it can be usefull if you want to spray the stamped image and need to mask off the rest of the card. I bought one roll of the foil a few years ago and it’s still lasting.
After stamping the main window I stamped the tiles, as I had liked it so much. I coloured them this time with Tea dye and a bit of scattered straw here and there. It’s an old window, so an old wall, thus uneven colouring. Don’t want it looking like it has just been built. Time to colour the main window, purple, dark pink and lighter pink shades. It didn’t pop enough so I added pearlescent acryllic paint to the thing in front of the window, it looks milled lavenderish on the picture but I could have sworn it was more pink pearlescent.
I was wondering what to stamp in the lower right corner of the window, it just asked for some other stamp popping in front of it. This quarter thingy stamp from a steampunk christmas set is great!
Stamped it on the right corner first, coloured it, and then thought the card needed a bit more. Stamped one more partly gear in the lower left and coloured similar. Still needed something.
The butterfly – lots of fun to do. Take white cardstock, light shade of ink and maybe some pearlescent acryllic paint. Dry the paper, then stamp and heat emboss the butterfly with clear embossing powder. Cut out (or ink up first) and go over hte butterfly with a darker ink.
Pop the butterfly on the card – I put the “body” down with doublesided tape, and put the wings up with thick doublesided foam dots.
The backing card was plain pink, I put down two stencils on it (one with art nouveau arches, and one more like arabic patterns). ofcourse it’s hardly visible here, but I just don’t like plain one coloured borders, the transfer from the card to that colour is too hard, and it feels like the image is limited to the frame too much. The border would take away the focus too much. I don’t see that in other peoples cards, it’s just the card I’m working on. Also, I like stencils ;).
This is my first entry for the Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge 10: