A quick post now.
I managed to finish a card I was working on yesterday when I got sidetracked by teh internetz (and found The Stamping Cottage has challenges). This card does fit the challenge perfectly!
I made the card on watercolour paper, used copic markers, pencil and distress ink als paint medium to colour the flower. I could use a workshop in colouring – I can’t get the colours to blend well. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I only have 4 copic markers, and non of the colours are adjacent to eachother 😛 (I’ve got 3 blueish ones, ice blue, duck blue and peacock I think) and a beige/cream one.
Anyway, I embossed the image entirely with clear embossing powder after colouring and then made the background by putting distress ink (tattered rose, shabby shutters and tumbled glass) on an acryllic pad, spraying that and the paper with water and press it on the paper. Dried with the heattool, added some more with a sponge, took the border stamp, inked up with shabby shutters and peeled paint, sprayed the stamp with water lightly and pressed it on the paper. Same with the flowerswirl – that is donewith broken china.
The sentiment is from Stampendous and stamped with Stazon Claret and Midnight blue.
Next I added some more broken china, squeezed lemonade and dusty concord distress ink on and around the flower. Then I took it outside to take pictures. Oh, now I think of it, I should wipe the embossed part with a cloth. That’s for later.
Stamps are from Chocolate Baroque, sentiment stamp from Stampendous.
I’d like to enter this card to the challenge from The Stamping Cottage – challenge #2 make your own background and use flowers on your card, runs untill 1st of September .