It was my parent’s 40th weddinganniversary last June, and this is the card I made them.
I chose the gears embossingfolders, as the gears that make a marriage work. A marriage is work and needs maintenance. The clock is accentuated, the dialers are on 16:00hrs so that was very fitting. It stands for the passing of time, of 40 years. I wanted to keep it quite simple. I think all the pictures were taken in the evening as I didn’t have time during the day. Picture above is with flash, picture below is without.
- Clocks embossing folder
- Silver and white embossing powder (although the silver is more like white)
- Galaxy gold dew drop
- Marianne Design dies: wedding (swans and rings)
- Tim Holtz Vintage Market alpahet die: numberes 4 and 0
- Process: embossing the card, cutting out the dieshapes out of pearl card, inking the edges of the rings and numbers with galaxy gold.
- Adding embossing glue to the edges of the card,adding gold powder first, heat embossing it, then adding more glue and adding the silver embossing powder.
I’d like to enter this card in the following challenges: (closing dates are approximate)
- The Cheerful Stamppad – Challenge #67 Your Choice (closes around 2nd of September) (this is my 2nd entry)
- Victorine Stamps – Challenge # 66 Wedding or Love (closes around 7th of September)
- Paper Crafting Journey – Anything Goes (closes around 10th of September)
- Card and Scrap – #59 Anything Goes (closes end of August)
- Just for Fun – #1 Anything Goes (closes around 28th of August)
- Amusing Challenges / Blessings Ink – Anything Goes (closes around 2nd of September)
As usual, I have lots more pictures and I have a hard time choosing just one. They’re all as bad/as good, but I always like to show the card in more then one lighting setting.The link to leave a comment is at the start of the post, but because this is a long post I made a link for you: click here to comment. (Only your name is required to comment, however when you leave your website/blog adress I can visit you as well.)