Quite a simple card, but one that needed to be made. One of my best friends got seriously ill. She lives 3 hrs away now so I can’t visit her easily. At that time she couldn’t have visitors, but I felt so powerless, so far away. And I was so thankfull for her partner! He’s such a great guy. I can’t imagine how it would have been if she didn’t have him. I still get teary eyes when thinking about it. I wanted to thank him, although I’ve spoken to him on the phone and told him my appreciation, that wasn’t enough. I had made cards for my friend, but he too deserved a card. Words can’t describe how grateful I am that he is her partner. This stamp came close though.
I always find it hard to make masculine cards, as I don’t think every card for a man should involve transportation or beer or sex. They can have flowers and “emotional/delicate” stuff too. It’s just how you present it. I didn’t want to add too much, wanted to keep it quite simple with just a few accents, and “male” colours. I couldn’t add more to it. This was it. Any more, and the message would be lost. He’s the flower, she’s the butterfly, they belong together. He calls her to him, she, fragile and sensitive, shining beautiful. He is her anchor, the light for her to focus on.
I’m glad to say she has recovered mostly now, and I’m going to visit her soon. I do miss her – face to face friendships are so so valuable!
The main part if this card is a Hero arts stamp. Other materials used are a Cheery Lynn die cut Celtic Frame (the inner circle) and I think the other one is Marianne Design. The shape around the card was made with shaped scissors.
I’d like to enter this card in the following challenges:
- Crafty Cardmakers – 3rd June Fathers day (important male in your life), ends around 16th of June – Well he’s obviously not my dad or someone directly in my life (as they live 3 hrs away), but he is important to me for what he is for my friend. And for what he has done for her.
- Kaboodle Doodle – For your favourite guy, ends around 17th of June
- Pan Pastel UK Challenge Blog – Challenge # 23 Anything Goes, ends 15th of June
- Simply Create Too – Fathers day or for a Male , ends June 20th
- Victorine Originals – Challenge # 61 In the garden with Animals & Bugs, ends around 24th of June