This is a card I made for a friend who is pregnant with her 2nd child.
About the card
I am quite pleased with the card. They don’t know (yet) if it’s going to be another boy or a girl (they allready have a son), so I wanted to make the card neutral. Not too girly. Ofcourse it is girly though, as I mainly adressed it to my friend, the pregnant one ;). On the left side of the card I used blue as background, on the left it’s pink. In the middle it’s yellow, where the sun is heating the birdhouse.
The branch on the right has berries, food for growing. It was made of two layers of the same diecut (brown and green), where I trimmed the 2nd layer at the stem-end, to make it more spring like and give it even more depth. I also added distress embossing powder and used a perlen pen (kiwi). There are more suns behind the embossed flowers and branch to make the card more bright and not completely like a scenery. The grass just fits the season (spring). I had the backgroundpaper cut out allready before I maded the card, I quite likted the bees and the flowers, like “birds and the bees” – hence I also wanted a bird on the card.
The silhouette lady is made of a wallpaper sample – I should go to hardware stores soon again, as I liked the textures of the wallpapers, I should use them more often! The lady reminded me of my friend, and I positioned her thus that she is looking athe birdnest. The bird on the branch announcing the news (or my congratulations), and the birdnest symbolizing the womb in which the foetus grows. The baby can’t be seen yet, but it is growing. I hope she likes the card!
With this card I’d like to enter the following challenges:
- PanPastel UK Challenge Blog – Challenge 20 – New Beginnings (ends 25th of May)
- Stampin Sensations – May Challenge – Embossing and Texture (ends 29th of May)
- Paper: plain cardstock; Joy! Crafts linen cardstock set; wallpaper sample; Marianne Design Sweet papers PL9065;
- Embossing folder: Craft Concepts Florette; Sizzix Texture Fades Dot-Matrix;
- Die-cuts: Joy! Crafts Vintage Flourishes 6002/0137; Marianne Design LR0257, LR0206;LR0211;
- Stamps: Stampinback sunrays large B721 and small B649
- Inkt & pens: Rangers distress ink (probably tattered rose, tumbled glass and scattered straw; festive berries, victorian velvet, broken china, peacock feathers, forest moss); Viva Decor perlen pen 705 kiwi; Viva decor Gloss gel pen 402 Carmine Red; Distress powder Shabby shutters, tsukineko galaxy gold;
Thank you for visiting!The link to leave a comment is at the start of the post, but for your convenience you can also click here to comment. (Only your name is required to comment, however when you leave your website/blog adress I can visit you as well.)