These two cards I’ve made as birthday cards for men.
The first card, “Time Flies”, was made for someone who turned 43, although he said on his invitational e-mail 34. That is why I chose the time flies stamp, and set the time at 16:43 (or at least, that was my intention). Often, when going for a masculine card, the colours get dark and all brown. At least my masculine cards tend to have only brown, creme and black as colours, see the next card for an example. I made the “Time Flies” card last. I wanted to add colour, to keep it light, but not make it very girly. Also, I wondered why usually flowers are seen as for females only – men enjoy flowers too!
All in all I’m very pleased with this card.
(if something is not listed then I don’t know the manufacturer/brand of the item or it is “brandless”, like the paper).
- Ranger’s distress ink, colours seem to be rusty hinge, moss, peackock feathers, festive berry, pumice stone.
- Stazon Jet black
- Stampinback stamp “Time Flies”
- Cart-us stamp: watch & plane
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzlits Decorative Strip Mini Paper Rosettes (2 sizes)
- embossing folder Sizzix Tim Holtz Alteration
This card was made for my father in law. “Een goed bouwjaar” means: “a good year for construction”
When I look at the card now it’s a bit boring, too much brown and sandcolour.
Materials/products (I write down the names from memory, the actual names might be slightly different):
- Le tres chic cardstock matstack
- Craft Concepts embossing folder Hexagon Illusion
- Distress ink photo vintage
- Stazon Jet Black
- Stampinback stamps: Ford, Een goed bouwjaar, Oldtimer, track
- Cart-us stamp: airplaine
- Crafty Individuals: CI 159 Boys Toys