I enjoyed making this card, as I used some materials and tools for it that just arrived today!
Hmm too bad on the picture the blue of the stamp (which I traced with a derwent pencil) looks much different then in real life – I really need to learn to take good pictures or take them in daylight!)
edit 27 jan: Found a great tip, which is to scan my card! New scanned image (with missing tulip – did you spot it?) below on the bottom of the post!
Anyway, I’d like to enter some challenges with this card:
Now onto the details.
I learned today that the ink I was using before is baaad ink. The white ink is new, and it’s good! I also had new red ink (tim holtz) but that didn’ really fit. So I started with the row of houses, this is a stamp of 3 houses which is repeated and then cut out.
Next, the middle thingy, is made out of two stamps, Tiny’s stamps and the middle one is from Christina Renee. I traced the stamps with a derwent.
Next for the background I punched out tulips in a border (it actually runs the entire length beneath the middle tag, I was happily punching along). The punches ofcourse glued, the edges of the middletag cut (even the ones you don’t see) and then glued onto the “card” itself. I think it’s time I start to learn the terminology of cardmaking.
Anyway, I had fun making this card. This was a good excersize for me as a newbie, and I like the results. The only (big!) problem is photographing it!
Edit part 2: Scanning solves that…